Being a Trainer - Basic things to teach students

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Being a Trainer - Basic things to teach students

Post by TheSoulReaver on Sun May 05, 2013 9:38 pm

Hello everyone, I wanted to write ATS a guide on what to teach students if they ask for help on playing the game. So far I have taught 4 players on what to do. I will not be going in depth or saying advanced tactics but the basics of what they should know. Let's start:

(Our Scenario): You are playing on a server with other players/friends and a random player challenge's you to a duel. You accept, chuckle a little bit (not evilly). After a couple duels with that player he/she requests you're help and want's to learn things but -- Oh no! You do not know what to do!

Basic Teach #1: The special attacks for each stance -
------------------------------------------------------------------
In the duel, you notice the player never attempted to do a special attack. Maybe he/she doesn't know how too.
In this case teach the player each special attack for each stance. Watch them and give them advice when you think they need it.
Give them time to master the special attack. Do not try to get the best of both worlds yet. Wait for them to master a special attack in the stance and move on to the next special attack.

Basic Teach #2: The combos for each stance -
If they already know or you just taught the player special attacks then let's teach them the combo's. Each combo for each stance, blue, yellow, and red. Try to show examples first otherwise they won't know what you are talking about. Give them some homework and tell them to work on the stances they are having trouble with. They can practice on: Bots, players (Lamers, duels), and walls.

Basic Teach #3: Tactics -
Teach them good tactics for FF dueling and regular dueling, teach them one's you know, or what you have seen! This, Combo's, and Special Attacks will sure make you're student becomes a much better dueler. Make sure to pay attention to you're student if he/she tells you that they cannot do it then watch what they do closely and correct the mistake they made.

The Test -
After going through the basics with you're student then you may want to test the knowledge! Correct and further mistakes the student makes. A popular mistake is the blue special attack. Numerous times players will crawl to me and try to hit me. So make sure to correct them with this mistake. (P.S: I have also trained them in grip-kick, a step students forget is to look down! If you are teaching them, go over that step carefully!)

Epilogue -
After you have trained the player with the basics they will ready to take on the game! (Or die trying). Either way, now they will fight more efficiently and effectively. Congratulate yourself and you're student.
TheSoulReaver
~Leader~
~Leader~

Skill in JK2 :
75 / 10075 / 100

Rebel Alliance Messages 479

Registration date : 2012-12-08 Location : Washington State, United States

Back to top Go down

Re: Being a Trainer - Basic things to teach students

Post by Nick on Mon May 06, 2013 11:39 am

I was doing it check my topic's . Dont put same things . But thanks for say about it.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] here is.
Nick
~High Council*
~High Council*

Skill in JK2 :
80 / 10080 / 100

Rebel Alliance Messages 724

Registration date : 2010-04-23 Location : Poland

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top